Thursday, April 28, 2011

Owl Punch Party Penguin

  Here is the last project my ladies did at my Owl Punch Class.  I saw several penguins made from the owl punch and thought they were so super cute I had to include it in the class.  One of my stamping ladies Sheila started making her card and decided her penguin needed little wings.  She took the owl ears she had clipped off and added them as wings.  PERFECT!  My original card didn't have this detail and as soon as I saw Sheila's card I knew that I had to add wings to the sample for the evening session ladies to see.  When we added the wings the penguin looked so much more ready to party.  Before he looked too serious.  What a party pooper!  So thanks to Sheila for improving the card greatly and for sharing her idea!

  To make the penguin all you do is clip off the ears and feet, add wings and then punch out the feet again in Pumpkin Pie and glue them on the back of the body.  Add a little triangle (or the heart from the owl punch) as the beak.  So cute!!  To make the balloons just punch out your circles as well as a few of the owl punch feet and use them as the little tied off end on the balloon.  The balloon string is some hemp twine that was frayed and pulled apart into 3 pieces. How cool is that?

  The penguins party hat is made by trimming the small start punch to get a triangle and adding just a little bit of hand cut cardstock for the brim.  Add a glimmer brad and this party outfit is finished.

  So I hope you all are convinced that the Owl Punch isn't just an owl!  To see the rest of my Owl Punch class projects click here and here.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bring on the Cake


Ink: Tempting Turquoise

Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Sweet Stitches DSP, Hostess In Color paper pack, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories: Owl Punch, 2 Tags Big Shot die, glimmer brads, hemp twine, small star punch, 3/4" circle punch, dimensionals

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!