Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sew Suite Side Stair Step Card

  We are still not back to our normal routine after being sick last weekend.  Slowly but surely I'll get back into the swing of things and be posting more regularly.  I have a bunch of new projects to show you, I just have to take the photos and find time to sit down and post.  I hope you'll be patient with me! 

   Here is the last project we did at January stamp club.  I think all the ladies were a bit intimidated when they first saw this card and to be honest when I first attempted it myself I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to teach it.  But by the end of the night the ladies were teaching each other!  The Stair Step fold is actually quite easy and this version gives you a nice side area for your focal image and then a smaller space for your sentiment or a quick note.  I first saw this version on Jackie Topa's blog and she has a great video showing how to make this into a cute little dresser with drawers and everything.  Later today I'll be posting a step by step photo tutorial for the Side Stair Step fold if you're like me and need a picture to go along with the measurements and instructions. 


  Wow--where to start on this one huh?  Everything except the cardstock is a new item from the Occasions Mini catalog.  I just couldn't stop adding new products to this card.  The stamp set is Sew Suite and is just adorable.  If you have any sewers in your life this would be a great set to make birthday cards, notecard sets or "handmade by" tags.  I think I'm going to be using this set to make a stack of notecards for my grandma's birthday gift in April.  And how cute is that measuring tape stamp??  So many uses for this one!

  The Designer Series Paper is Sweet Stitches and has a great variety of patterns in bright fun colors.  In this card we did some paper piecing on the dress form with the Sweet Stitches DSP and also have some as a layer behind that panel.

Side View

   And now for the embellishments!!  The first is the cute little button....what a great way to add dimension to a card without the bulk of a real button!  You can make a button in any color you choose using the new Sweet Buttons Embosslits--sky's the limit with one.  The Embosslit has 6 buttons of various shapes and sizes so you're bound to have one to match whatever project you're making.  We threaded a small strand of cardstock through holes we punched with a handheld punch and tied a knot to mimic thread.  Then it was popped on a dimensional.

  The last embellishment is the Melon Mambo Pompom trim.  It's so cute and adds a nice texture that you don't always get with flat ribbon.  We just adhered a length of the pompom trim across the top with some SNAIL adhesive.  You could also use a bit of Tombow multi as well.

  Stay tuned for the Side Step Card tutorial!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Sew Suite

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Paper: Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sweet Stitches DSP, Melon Mambo


Accessories: Pompom Trim, Sweet Buttons Embosslit, paper trimmer/scorer (for the card folds)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Amanda, this is SEW cute! Sure hope you feel better soon - you've been sick for quite a while. I'm thinking of you! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love these new stamps. Especially since I sew. Can't decide if I need them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this one!!! Great card to show off the pompom
    trim!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!