Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween - What you can do with some Stampin' Up boxes!

  Sorry I haven't been posting a lot since last week.  It seems that this week is totally crazy with commitments, errands, cleaning for company this weekend (blech- I know you'd rather stamp too!) and just general stuff so I haven't been in my stamp room much to make any new projects.   But I thought you all might enjoy seeing what my husband and I made for our boys Halloween costumes.  This is what you get when you have a 4 year old say he wants to be a train for Halloween....and then the mommy says, "Like a train engineer?" and the 4 year old says, "No Mommy, a train." And then the Mommy tries to clarify by asking, "Like Thomas the Tank train honey?" (kind of hoping he says yes so I can buy one of those cheap plastic Thomas costumes) And the 4 year old replies very emphatically, "No, a REAL train."  And of course the 2 year old just gets swept up in big brothers costume plans because we all know if he doesn't get a REAL train costume there will be sad little tears.

  So without further ado, here is what the boys were for Halloween....



  Ryan was the "Engine" and Alex was the "Coal Car".  Alex originally was going to be a caboose but we just couldn't get a caboose we liked.  The Coal Car worked out perfectly though and they both looked super cute if I do say so myself.  The only thing I bought to make these was some black craft foam to make the wheels and the little windows on the engine.  Everything else was stuff we had laying around.  Leftover spray paint, cottons balls for the coal, solo cup for the headlight, bread crumb canister for the smoke stack and some landscaping ties for the straps to hold them on the boys shoulders.  Both boxes were from my Stampin' Up orders.  Other Stampin' Up supplies that were used were my circle punches to make the hubcaps, More Mustard cardstock for the hubcaps, paper snips to cut out the patterns for the numbers & letters printed on Whisper White cardstock.  So it's kind of a Stampin' Up project!  =)

  After we got home from trick-or-treating I made up a quick My Digital Studio project to send out to the family so they could see the boys all dressed up.

Page 1
Page 2
  Hope you all had a nice Halloween!  I hope to get some new projects made in the next few days. 

Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. OMG! You are so creative! I love the boys' costumes! You are a great MOM!
    I really enjoy your blog, thank you for your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable costumes and great scrapbook pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL-what great costumes! And the layouts are fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the most adorable costumes! I always think homemade ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my HEAVENS! How simply adorable! What great costumes and memories that you created! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute!! The costumes are fantastic and the layouts are great too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GREAT costumes and great photo ops! Cutes pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those boys are just the cutest!!! And how creative are you!! Wonderful all of it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!